Re: How to draw a trajectory in DensityPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53244] Re: How to draw a trajectory in DensityPlot?
  • From: "Borut Levart" <bole79 at email.si>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 04:29:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Idyllic,

Use Epilog option under the DensityPlot command.

I would first build a curve graphic primitive:
curve = Line[Table[{Cos[t], Sin[t]}, {t, 0, 2Pi, Pi/10}]];

And then I would draw the density plot with overlaid curve (note the
GrayLevel[1] - "make it white" graphic directive):
DensityPlot[Exp[-(x^2 + y^2)], {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2},
PlotRange -> All,
Epilog -> {GrayLevel[1], curve}]

Or you could write everything above under a single procedure, function.

Bye!
Borut, Slovenia

news:cr8e1c$r5k$1 at smc.vnet.net...