Re: global assumptions?? How far can I go?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53338] Re: global assumptions?? How far can I go?
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:00:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Options[Integrate]

{Assumptions :> $Assumptions, GenerateConditions ->
   Automatic, PrincipalValue -> False}

The conditions are useful for assisting in verifying that what led up to the
integration is correct.  If the conditions don't make sense, then there was
most likely an error. Once you have reviewed the conditions and want them
subsequently ignored, turn them off.

Integrate[1/x^2,{x,1,t}, GenerateConditions->False]

(t - 1)/t

or "globally"

SetOptions[Integrate,GenerateConditions->False];

Integrate[1/x^2,{x,1,t}]

(t - 1)/t

Bob Hanlon