compiling python 2.4 mathlink win32

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53645] compiling python 2.4 mathlink win32
  • From: "jelle" <jelleferinga at planet.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 06:36:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I'm making an effort compiling mathlink for python 2.4
A major change since python 2.3 is that the compiler used to compile
python is freely available from MS, therefore allowing you to compile
extensions easily.
So therefore i made an effort trying to compile mathlink for python 2.4
#i know version >2.3 are not supported!

On first sight it looks like the setup.py script is working flawless,
but trying to import mathlink gives the followin error:

python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_ext
running install_lib

Finished building the mathlink extionsion module version 0.0.3.

---

ActivePython 2.4 Build 243 (ActiveState Corp.) based on
Python 2.4 (#60, Nov 30 2004, 09:34:21) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>> import mathlink
Fatal Python error: Error initializing mathlink extension module

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.

that gives me very little to go on, has anyone been succesful in
compiling mathlink for python 2.4? Sharing a win32 build would help
very much as well!

Cheers,

Jelle