Re: FrameTicks bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58643] Re: FrameTicks bug
  • From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 04:19:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

AES schrieb:
> Well, I guess it's not actually a bug, but . . .
>

> FrameTicks -> {Automatic, Automatic, None, None}
>
> puts tick marks AND numerical labels on bottom and left edges.
>

> FrameTicks -> {None, Automatic, Automatic, None}
>
> puts tick marks and numerical labels on left edge, tick
> marks and NO NUMERICAL LABELS on top edge.
>

> How can I put the same Automatic numbers that would
> have been created for the bottom edge, on the top edge?

First get the ticks for bottom and left side:

ft = Take[FrameTicks /. AbsoluteOptions[pl =
  Block[{$DisplayFunction = #1&},
    Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2*Pi}, Frame -> True]]],2];

and then show the plot with the ticks duplicated (for top and right):

Show[pl, FrameTicks -> Join[#1, #1]&[ft]]];

--
Peter Pein
Berlin