How to create a new Form

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58755] How to create a new Form
  • From: "Nilton" <nilton.volpato at ig.com.br>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 03:04:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to create a new Form that is a "wrapper" (like Short,
CForm, ...), which affects printing, but not evaluation. For example:

In[1]:= 10 + f[5] // BinaryForm

Out[1]//BinaryForm =
        1010 + f[101]

In[2]:= %
Out[2]= 10 + f[5]

I know there is BaseForm, but this is just an example. In fact I would
like to do something more complicated, but must know how to do
something like this first.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
-- Nilton