Re: Extract Coefficients of Fourier Series

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58824] Re: Extract Coefficients of Fourier Series
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:29:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
squaring and adding the coefficients can be done by pattern matching.
Assume that fs is your fourier series. Then

fs/. {a_Real Sin[_] :> a^2 , a_Real Cos[_] :> a^2 , a_Real -> a^2}

will replace Sin/Cos terms by the square of their coefficients and
finally take care of the zero term. Therefore, the sequence of the
replacement rules is important here. Addition is done automatically by
Mathematica.

sincerely, Daniel