Re: Extract Coefficients of Fourier Series

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58865] Re: Extract Coefficients of Fourier Series
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 03:08:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Just for discussion, the function TrigFit has a small bug.  It's been around
for awhile, and was not corrected in 5.2.

My default setting for "FourierParameters" is set to something other than
the default of {0,1}.  This causes wrong output.  With TrigFit, the call to
Fourier does not use "FourierParameters", and makes the assumption that it
is using the Default setting {0,1}.

I recommend editing that file and adding the option "FourierParameters."
Instead of diving by Sqrt[len], and using the default setting, I recommend
just using the Data Analysis setting as below.

Change this line..

fcslist = Fourier[fcslist/Sqrt[len]];

To this.

fcslist = Fourier[fcslist, FourierParameters -> {-1,1}];

HTH

--

Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003