Follow-on: StyleForm and font selection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58914] Follow-on: StyleForm and font selection
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:32:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As a follow-on to a recent post:

1) Suppose I prepare a graphic -- or any Mathematica output -- with an
Input cell containing

   StyleForm[ "my text", FontFamily-> "someFont" ]

with "someFont" being available on my system; and Mathematica doesn't
give me any error messages about missing fonts or other problems when I
evaluate that cell; and the resulting Output cell appears OK on screen;
and I then save that Output cell to a file (on the same system).

Shouldn't *all* the characters in "my text" then be in "someFont"?

(Or else an error msg be delivered?  Can I trust StyleForm to do what
it's told to do?)

2)  Should it make *any* difference in the exported file whether I
accomplish the above using the Edit >> Save Selection As >> EPS menu
command, or by evaluating an Export[ ] cell in my notebook?

This is with Mathematica 5.1 on Mac OS 10.3.9.