Re: Re: Setting gridlines thickness in Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg59033] Re: [mg58959] Re: [mg58939] Setting gridlines thickness in Plot
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:25:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This is a case where AbsoluteOptions can be very useful.

Plot with the default set of lines.

In[1]:= pl=Plot[x,{x,0,1}, GridLines->Automatic, Frame->True]

AbsoluteOptions gives the explicit setting equivalent to the Automatic
settings.

In[2]:= {lines, ticks} = {GridLines, FrameTicks} /. AbsoluteOptions[pl];

Here's what 1 gridline looks like.

In[3]:= lines[[1,1]]
Out[3]= {0.,{RGBColor[0.,0.,0.5],AbsoluteThickness[0.25]}}

We then alter the lines and ticks to the form we want.

In[4]:= newlines = lines /._AbsoluteThickness->AbsoluteThickness[1.25];

In[5]:= newticks = ticks/._AbsoluteThickness->AbsoluteThickness[1];

And plot again with the new settings.

In[6]:= Plot[x, {x, 0, 1}, GridLines -> newlines, Frame -> True,
     FrameStyle -> AbsoluteThickness[2], FrameTicks -> newticks]

Omega Consulting
The final answer to your Mathematica needs.
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com