Displaying Images on GUI during run time

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57679] Displaying Images on GUI during run time
  • From: Goyan <goyanian at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 03:04:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I am currently stuck on a problem using the GUIKit. I wanted to creat a
panel to display an image. Then I want a "Open" button to get the
filepath and displays the image in the panel. Another "Operation" button
to process the image data and then display the final image again in the
same panel.

I have a ImageLabel panel for image display.
GUIRun[
   Widget["Frame", {"title" -> "Segmentation GUI",
       WidgetGroup[{
           WidgetGroup[
             {Widget["Panel", {
                   Widget["ImageLabel", {"data" -> Script[ExportString[
ListDensityPlot[img, Mesh -> False, FrameTicks -> False, PlotRange ->
All, AspectRatio -> Automatic, DisplayFunction -> Identity],
   "PNG", ConversionOptions -> {"Transparency" -> GrayLevel[1]}]],
}, Name -> "imgDisplay"]

Then I created a "Open" button to get the user selected filepath and set
the string containing the filepath to the imgDisplay (ImageLabel widget).

Widget["Button", {"text" -> "Open",
   BindEvent["mouseClicked",
     Script[imgPath = ToString[
       GUIResolve[Script[
         Widget["FileDialog", Name -> "openFileDialog"];
           SetPropertyValue[{"openFileDialog", "multiSelectionEnabled"},
False];
           SetPropertyValue[{"openFileDialog", fileSelectionMode"},
PropertyValue[{"openFileDialog", "FILES_ONLY"}]];
           returnValue = InvokeMethod[{"openFileDialog",
"showOpenDialog"}, Null];
	  If[returnValue === PropertyValue[{"openFileDialog", "APPROVE_OPTION"}],
	  PropertyValue[{PropertyValue[{"openFileDialog", "selectedFile"}],
"path"}], Null]]]];
	  imgTMP = Import[imgPath]ã??1, 1, All, Allã??;
	  SetPropertyValue[{"imgDisplay", "data"}, "Script[
ExportString[ ListDensityPlot[imgTMP,Mesh->False, FrameTicks->False,
PlotRange->All, AspectRatio->Automatic,DisplayFunction->Identity],
"PNG",ConversionOptions->{"Transparency"->GrayLevel[1]}]]"]]]
}, Name -> "openButton"]

This didnt work. I am not sure if I can do this. What is the usual
approach to get this done?  Thank you for your time.

Goyan