Re: activating cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57701] Re: [mg57691] activating cells
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 04:17:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Guy,

Yes, and this is quite common practice.

These are called Initialization Cells. Select the cells that you want
initialized and then use Alt CRI, or Menu/Cell/Cell
Properties/Initialization Cell.

When you first save the notebook, after doing that, Mathematica will ask you
if you want to create an AutoSave Package. Answer NO. (AutoSave packages are
for notebooks that contain package code, a different purpose.)

Then you never have to directly evaluate these cells. Each time you open the
notebook, and start to evaluate some cell, Mathematica will ask if you want
to first evaluate all the initialization cells. You answer yes and all the
initialization cells will be evaluated. In the Option Inspector, Notebook
Options, Evaluation Options you can modify this behavior.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Guy Israeli [mailto:guyi1 at netvision.net.il]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi,

I might have given this post the wrong subject. What I meant is there a way
to press a button (or write a code) so that specific cells will be entered
(shift-enter) at the beginning of the notebook?

I don't want to go through each cell and shift-enter it.

Thanks in advance,

Guy