Re: Finding Position in an ordered list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57770] Re: [mg57720] Finding Position in an ordered list
  • From: János TÓTH <janostothmeister at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 03:21:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All,

0. Now I disclose that I am looking for a word in a dictionary.
1. Thank for the BinarySearch idea. It is much faster than Position.
2. The idea of interpolation in the case of numbers is fantastic.
3. However, I tried BinarySearch[{a,b,c},b] without being evaluated.

Thus, I need further help.

Thank for all of you.

Janos