Re: Exporting mathematica equations into MathType

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57928] Re: Exporting mathematica equations into MathType
  • From: Curt Fischer <tentrillion at gmail.NOSPAM.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:50:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Paul Abbott wrote:
> In article <d8bcne$fgi$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
>  "Mukhtar Bekkali" <mbekkali at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I am writing my dissertation in Word with MathType 5.2 plugin.
>

> Don't do this! -- especially if your field is maths, physics, computer
> science or engineering (I wrote my dissertation in Word 1 back in 1986
> using a precursor of MathType. Things have improved since then but Word
> is still a terrible typesetting program). Use TeX or Mathematica instead.
>

>>I would like to know if there is a way to export (or copy/paste)
>>Mathematica equations into MathType so that equations still look nice.
>

> There are -- but this is not a good way to proceed.

I'm curious about this.  Do you recommend doing the actually typing of
the main text in Mathematica?  Or writing in Word and copying paragraphs
over to a Mathematica file as they are completed?

I certainly been exasperated with Word a lot when trying to use MathType
or Equation Editor, and would love to use Mathematica, but Word as a lot
of features for text editing that I find very convenient for writing
actual text.  How could one emulate field codes, very handy for managing
references, in Mathematica?

--
Curt Fischer