Re: Exporting mathematica equations into MathType

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57966] Re: Exporting mathematica equations into MathType
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 05:10:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <d8jl9e$srp$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Curt Fischer <tentrillion at gmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote:

> I'm curious about this.  Do you recommend doing the actually typing of
> the main text in Mathematica?  Or writing in Word and copying paragraphs
> over to a Mathematica file as they are completed?

Typing the text in Mathematica. For a nice example, see Peter Falloon's
MSc thesis at

  http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~falloon/publications/publications.html

Actually Publicon <http://www.publicon.com> is a much better option.

> I certainly been exasperated with Word a lot when trying to use MathType
> or Equation Editor, and would love to use Mathematica, but Word as a lot
> of features for text editing that I find very convenient for writing
> actual text.  How could one emulate field codes, very handy for managing
> references, in Mathematica?

You can add arbitrary tags to any cell and use these for referencing.
However, there are much nicer automatic tools for handling references in
Publicon (which generates Mathematica Notebooks).

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Abbott                                      Phone: +61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014