Kernel shuts down due to lack of memory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58025] Kernel shuts down due to lack of memory
  • From: "Mukhtar Bekkali" <mbekkali at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 05:37:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have P4 3.8GHz with 2GB of RAM (95% free) and 3GB page file, yet,
when solving the system of 10 polynomial equations with FindRoot, after
5 minutes of running I get "No more memory available. Mathematica
kernel has shut down. Try quitting other applications and then retry.".
 Is there a way to bypass this problem?  My old laptop never has this
problem although it keeps solving and solving forever.