Re: For Loop and Array related

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58032] Re: [mg57971] For Loop and Array related
  • From: "Koffijberg, H." <H.Koffijberg at umcutrecht.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 05:38:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

While I've no idea exactly why your code fails (although i = 16000
should be i <= 16000, but that's not the problem) I found that
assigning the random integer value to a variable solves this
problem. Using the code:

Lattice = Table[0, {n, 100}];
For[i = 1, i <= 16000, i++, r = Random[Integer, {1, 100}]; Lattice[[r]]++];

Total[Lattice] always returns exactly 16000. I've programmed in C++ a lot
but I guess this is not a Mathematica syntax problem but some internal
Mathematica issue. Anybody else knows what's going on here ?

Best regards,
Erik Koffijberg.