Re: Text Manipulation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58052] Re: [mg57945] Text Manipulation
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:18:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Here's a simple function that produces what you want.

Proposition[foo_] :=
CellPrint[Cell[TextData[{"Propostion ",
     CounterBox[
       "Title",foo],".",
         CounterBox["Section",foo],".",
           CounterBox["Proposition",foo]}], "Text"]]

Then you call it for the desired tag

Proposition["tag"]

You can cut and paste the the output to where you want it. These kinds
of operations are discussed in the upcoming issue of Mathematica in
Education & Research (MIER).

http://www.ijournals.net/

Also, with one of our packages, you can easily make this into a palette.

<<FormMaker`

DisplayNotebook[MakeNotebook[
     ActionBox[
       "Insert Proposition",
       Module[{foo},
         foo = InputString["Enter tag:"];
         NotebookWrite[
       InputNotebook[],Cell[TextData[{"Propostion ",

CounterBox["Title",foo],".",CounterBox["Section",foo],".",CounterBox["
         Proposition",foo]}],"Text"]]
         ]
       ],NotebookStyle->"Palette"]]

http://omegaconsultinggroup.com/Products/form/

Omega Consulting
The final answer to your Mathematica needs.