New Line/CR

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58131] New Line/CR
  • From: shadwe1l <shadwe1l at vt.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 03:43:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have been writing up a homework assignment in Mathematica 5.1.  The file
contains natural form equations, graphs, and blocks of text.  I had been
using the return key not attached to the keypad (labelled as enter on my
laptop) to get new lines / new paragraphs in my text cells, when for no
apparent reason it stopped working.  Now all I get when pressing return is
a beep.  The only way I can get a new line is to go to Format > Show
Expression, insert "\n" at the desired point, and revert the expression to
its previous form.  Can anyone out there give me any idea what I did do
suddenly lose the functionality of my return key?  Any ideas on how to fix?

(Computer is 2005 HP Laptop,running XP Pro, no intentional or obvious
changes to any software or configuration before or since problem started.)

Thanks very much,
Alex
VT Engineering Student