Re: Re: Epilog -vs- Prolog -vs- DisplayTogether

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58132] Re: [mg58102] Re: [mg58048] Epilog -vs- Prolog -vs- DisplayTogether
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 03:43:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As to how graphics might be improved in a future version of Mathematica...

I have no inside knowledge.  But I devoutly wish that, in some new
version -- soon! -- a lot of the options and enhancements to ordinary 2D
and 3D plots (and list plots, contour plots, etc.) will be accessible
through right-click context menus and/or wizards.  That will make these
options much more accessible to beginners, and more convenient even for
experienced users.

Of course for really professional graphics, lots of detailed programming
is required.  This is a point well made and illustrated by Michael Trott
in his "Mathematica Guidebook for Graphics".

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305