Re: Re: can anyone solve this equation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58181] Re: [mg58159] Re: can anyone solve this equation?
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:02:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I agree that subscripted expressions look better. However, I run into
many instances where Mathematica does not treat subscripted variables
as symbols. Notation commands with appropriate pattern matching can
take care of converting the unbracketed expressions to more easily
readable ones, but I didn't want to complicate the situation any more
than it already was.

Sincere thanks to both Paul and Pratik for the solutions; I will be
testing them shortly.

--
Chris Chiasson
http://chrischiasson.com/