Thanx and another question on plotting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58310] Thanx and another question on plotting
  • From: HUAFANG CUI <huafangc at seas.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:13:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Thanks for responses from several gentlemen on my former question on
constrained plotting.  I used method of ParametricPlot, and it worked well.

The graph is a little bit wrenched.  So I tried to use contour or
density to show the z value change on x-y plane.  But these two
functiosn require real number as upper and lower limits.  Have someone
ever done this before?

Another question is, Can I find the max or min for a non-linear function
with boundries?  I tried FindMax and ConstrainedMax, both were not working.

Appreciate.

HC