Periodic function Roots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58391] Periodic function Roots
  • From: "FBellas" <no at e.s>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:37:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, I'm trying to solve an periodic ecuation involving several harmonics
(Style ACos(x)+BCos(2x)+...==K). Mathematica can't let me us  'Solve'
function, so it gives me the error:
Solve::tdep: The equations appear to involve the variables to be solved for
\
in an essentially non-algebraic way.

To arrange this, i'm making a little program involving FindRoot function to
find at least two roots from the ecuation in the first period. But I would
like to know if there are some other method to do this more easily.

Thanks a lot

F. Bellas