Re: fit and data analisys

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54809] Re: fit and data analisys
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 01:27:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 3/1/05 at 1:58 AM, spectrix at wind.it (Dâ?¤) wrote:

>Hi all is there anyway to make a fit on a set of points with an
>error bar associated,

Yes, for example

<<Graphics`
data=Table[{x,x^2+Random[]},{x,10}];
ErrorListPlot[Append[#,5]&/@data];

Here, I've made the error bar 5 units long simply so that it would be readily visible as an illustration. If you were doing some statistical analysis, it would be more natural to allow the error bar be say one standard deviation.

>and so to extract a statiscal error , or uncertainty, on the
>coeffcient of the function?

I don't understand what you want with this part.