Re: How to match/balance parenthesis?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54917] Re: How to match/balance parenthesis?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:56:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 3/5/05 at 1:34 AM, beagle197 at hotmail.com wrote:

>Greetings, I have been looking for a hot key or menu option that
>will help me determine which set of parenthesis, curly braces, or
>brackets they belong to in a mathematica v 5.0.1.0 notebook. (e.g.
>{{{ <stuff> }}}). Is there such a feature, and if so how do I get
>it to work? Thanks, -B

I am not entirely sure what you want, but perhaps the menu Edit->Check Balance will do the trick. Simply click some where in the expression and select this menu item or use cmd-shft-B (for Mac OS X) and Mathematica will highlight the portion contained by curly braces etc. Repeated application will extend the highlighted section to the next level of curly braces etc.