Re: Goto Line ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54905] Re: Goto Line ?
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:55:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Detlef Müller wrote:

>>Hello,
>>
>>I hope I don't blame me too much ...
>>
>>In my package is an error. "Line 466: missing ..." or so.
>>

> It was a Warning ...
>

>>How Do I go to Line 466 in Mathematica 4.2?
>>

> So far i loaded the File in emacs went to Line 466
> and saw what was there.
>
> Then going to the same point with the editor of
> Mathematica ...
>
> I'm sure there is an easier way :)
>

> Greetings,
>    Detlef

The easy way is to develop your code as a notebook and then use the
AutogeneratedPackage option to create the .M file each time you save the
notebook. I don't like to write .M package files directly because all
the special characters have to be spelled out in such an ugly way -
inevitably, since Mathematica uses so many extra characters.

You can test your code while it is in the notebook and only use the .M
file with working code in it.

David Bailey
dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk