Re: Help on iteration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54953] Re: [mg54942] Help on iteration
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 05:03:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

does this help?

glist={{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,l,m,n,o,p,q,Date1},{a,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,
        Date2},{a,R,s,t,u,v,X,Y,z,aa,bbb,cc,dd,tt,Date3}};
thefunc=ReleaseHold@Function@Evaluate@With[{checkposition=14},
          If@@{Hold[#[[checkposition]]===0],
              ReplacePart[#,(C-s)+Hold[zzz@Last@#],checkposition],#}]
Block[{tt=0},thefunc/@glist]