Wolfram plugin for Google Desktop Search

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55169] Wolfram plugin for Google Desktop Search
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:21:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As some people have already discovered, we've released a plug-in we've
called Wolfram Notebook Indexer for Google Desktop Search.  This plug-in
allows GDS to index all of the Mathematica notebooks on your system, and
does not require Mathematica to be installed.

This is a product which has, in some form or another, been in development
and use for some time in-house.  In response to the enthusiasm a number of
users have expressed, we decided to release a version early in the form of
a public beta, which you can get here...

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Utilities/5596/

There's also a link to it from the Wolfram home page at www.wolfram.com.

We don't have a schedule for a final release, yet.  We'll continue
development on Wolfram Notebook Indexer (as well as various other related
searching projects we haven't announced, yet) with the help of your
feedback from the public beta.  As noted in the above link, bug reports and
suggestions for Wolfram Notebook Indexer beta should be emailed to
prerelease at wolfram.com.

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group