Re: question: re-organising equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55229] Re: [mg55179] question: re-organising equations
  • From: DrBob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:29:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> May I trouble you for some suggestions as to how this
> can be achieved?

If the equations are badly non-linear, it probably can't. If it can be done at all, methods will depend on the function f; details are everything.

You can try this, however:

Solve[x == f[a,b,c,d],{a,b,c,d}]

There are also other options such as Reduce, SolveAlways, and FindInstance.

Once you've solved for x, of course y == z == w == x.

Bobby

DrBob at bigfoot.com