plotting weighted graphs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55299] plotting weighted graphs
  • From: "Erik Itter" <erik.itter at t-online.de>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:35:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, I have a hopefully quite easy question:
    how do you plot graphs with weighted edges?

I have the matrix specified by its adjadcency matrix using different numbers as weights, works so
far. Now I would like to plot the matrix numbering the vertices from 1 to n and label the edges with
their weights. Its 5.1 therefore I think I could use GraphPlot (which draws the graph with no
labeling at all at the moment [but colors depending on weights]) if I knew the proper
EdgeStyleFunction and VertexStyleFunction.

All suggestions welcome.