saving data in a new cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55462] saving data in a new cell
  • From: "dkl8" <klepachd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 03:42:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello there ,

I am interested in saving data in a new notebook , in a new cell .

For example , I have
a=5;
b={1,2,3,4,5};

I can use
a>>"filename.nb";
and
b>>>"filename.nb";

but this will create a notebook with "a" and "b" in the same cell .

That is a problem if "a" and "b" are large lists .

I am interested in saving "a" and "b" in different cells in the same

notebook one after the other .

Another question is how to save "a" and "b" in different cells , but
with the two cells grouped together .

Thank you , for your help .
Doron .