FilledPlot: Curves->Back option and Epilog not working?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56861] FilledPlot: Curves->Back option and Epilog not working?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 02:10:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a module that makes a filled plot.  I use it to make two (or
more) displaced filled plots, then Show these plots (code below).

Everything works as expected, with two problems:

*  The Curves->Back option never works.

*  An additional line generated by an Epilog in the module only appears
in the final test plot.

I'm beginning to realize that when multiple plots each having an Epilog
are combined using Show or DisplayTogether, only the *final* Epilog gets
executed.  Throwing in "Evaluates" at various stages in the process
doesn't seem to get around this.

If this is true, maybe the description of Epilog in the online Help
should say this?  (Especially since it seems an intuitively *non*obvious
way for Epilog to behave -- shouldn't the stuff created by Epilog in a
Plot command become part of the plot once the plot command has been
executed?)

I don't have a clue why Curves->Back doesn't work anywhere or any way
I've tried it (including changing Front to Back in the online Help
example).

wavePlot[<args>] := Module[{},
      <expressions>,
      FilledPlot[ <plot stuff> ,