Re: NSum: badly missed Option

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57021] Re: NSum: badly missed Option
  • From: "Alan" <info at optioncity.REMOVETHIS.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 02:34:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Nested Method option can be used in NSum.

> In[2]:= NSum[1/(x20*Sin[x]^2), {x, 1, Infinity}, Method -> {NIntegrate,
> MaxRecursion -> 100}]

> Anton Antonov
> Wolfram Research, Inc.

Thanks for a second solution to my problem.

Is there a general syntax rule here? In other words,
here is a function (NSum) with a  "Method" which refers to
a second function (NIntegrate), the latter callable on its own with Options.
Then, can you always invoke any legal option of that second
function in this nested way in the call of *any* function that has a
"Method"?
(All Methods are Nested Methods?)

regards,
alan