Perron Number Tiling Systems -- from Mathematica Information Center

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57107] Perron Number Tiling Systems -- from Mathematica Information Center
  • From: Roger Bagula <rlbagulatftn at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 01:29:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

  http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/5642/
Title 	Downloads

Perron Number Tiling Systems

	Author

Roger Bagula

	Revision date

2005-05-11

	Description

   Four Programs for calculating Dr. Richard Kenyon's method for plane
tilings from Perron numbers by substitutions.

The construction of self-similar tilings , Geom. and Func. Analysis
6,(1996):417-488. Thurston showed that the expansion constant of a
self-similar tiling of the plane must be a complex Perron number
(algebraic integer strictly larger in modulus than its Galois conjugates
except for its complex conjugate). Here we prove that, conversely, for
every complex Perron number there exists a self-similar tiling. We also
classify the expansion constants for self-similar tilings which have a
rotational symmetry of order n.

	Subjects

* 	Mathematics > Geometry > Plane Geometry
* 	Mathematics > Geometry > Tiling

	Keywords

Tile, Tiling, fractiles, Kenyon, Perron numbers, Pisot numbers,
Substitutions, von, Koch islands, fractal subsets

	URL

http://www.math.ubc.ca/~kenyon/papers/index.html
http://www.mrlonline.org/mrl/2004-011-003/2004-011-003-001.pdf
http://www.math.unt.edu/~mauldin/papers/no60.pdf

	Downloads

	Kenyon_tile_article2.nb (41.4 KB) - Mathematica Notebook [for
Mathematica 5.0]

--
Roger L. Bagula       email: rlbagula at sbcglobal.net  or
rlbagulatftn at yahoo.com
11759 Waterhill Road,
Lakeside, Ca. 92040    telephone: 619-561-0814