Re: Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg for digital processing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57157] Re: [mg57129] Beginner : how to convert .bmp or .jpeg for digital processing
  • From: Clifford Martin <camartin at snet.net>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 03:08:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter,

I hope this is what you want.

Here is an example of a digital picture(jpeg)
converted to be able to manipulate the data.

gig =
Import["E:\\pup\\data\\41205data375midata\\D056_\
41105_P_8mmfromEnd1a.jpg", "JPEG"];
Dimensions[gig]
step = gig[[1,1]];
rat = step[[Range[512],Range[512],1]];
Dimensions[rat]

first I import the file. JPEG is set up to have 3
different colors so you have to get down to manipulate
it to one. So step and rat takes the first color. The
dimensions of rat are 512 by 512. Now I can manipulate
the file doing edge enhancement, etc.  Hope this
helps.

Cliff