Re: Re: how to map function with over 1 arguments to list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57271] Re: [mg57248] Re: how to map function with over 1 arguments to list
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 02:20:39 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David,

Strange how one person gets used to one construction and another to another
construction.

Would adding a pair of parentheses make it clearer to people reading the
code?

(f @@ # &) /@ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}}

Or spelling it out in more detail?

data = {{1, 1}, {2, 2}};
Map[Apply[f, #] &, data]

Or

Map[Function[{list}, Apply[f, list]], data]

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: David Bailey [mailto:dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

David,

In any other context than Mathematica (and presumably APL),

would have a totally different meaning! My brain starts to run out of
stack space when I try to process strings of operators like that.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk