Applying a list of functions to a list of arguments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57309] Applying a list of functions to a list of arguments
  • From: D M Yates <yatesd at mac.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 05:12:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a list of functions, and a list of arguments:

For example,
f = {f1, f2, f3}
a = {a1,a2,a3}

I would like to return
{f1[a1],f2[a2],f3[a3]}

I thought this should easy, but am stumped. Obviously the lists are of
equal, but arbitrary length, and the arguments may or may not be atomic
expressions. In my particular case, the arguments are likely to be
combinations of Real, and List[Real,...], but I hope this is
irrelevant.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Derek Yates