Re: Looking for a starter documentation on package creation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg57407] Re: [mg57387] Looking for a starter documentation on package creation
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 04:56:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Frank,

we are using a couple of functions, modules, etc. in most of the Notebooks
anybody in our Group creates.  Currently, we just copy&paste them from older
Notebooks, but I'd rather put them in an external file that everybody can
load.

Therefore I'd be interested in a "Mathematica Add-ons for Dummies"
documentation - I just want to make sure that

 <<ourstuff`basicstuff`

will work, and maybe write a short documentation that reminds people of
function names and options.

---------------------

This stuff is fairly simple -- hardly worth a "Mathematica Add-ons for
Dummies".  Section 2.7.10 of the documentation explains how to set a
package.  If you need any more detail, Meader's (old) book says pretty much
what the documentation says.

Should you require more information, it might be worthwhile checking out the
MathGroup archives.  At the start this month, there was a similar question
to yours.  Dave Park's reply is (as usual) worth reading.  Look for "books
on writing packages ...".

Regards,

Dave.