Re: 2.9.2 How Input and Output Work

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61854] Re: [mg61834] 2.9.2 How Input and Output Work
  • From: <bsyehuda at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 04:09:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The parsing is done by the Kernel, so "immediately" is when you evaluate the
expression.
In addition, the "Cell[BoxData[...." that you may see in the front end is
not the expression that is passed to the kernel. This expression is
converted to another format that is passed to the kernel which in turn pars
it, process it, and send it back to the front end (and there it is converted
again to "Cell[... " expressions.
This should be transparent to the user, so I wonder, why is this so
important to you?
yehuda

;