plotting data in a triangular domain

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61911] plotting data in a triangular domain
  • From: saturni at dei.unipd.it
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 05:11:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,

Hallo. I am a beginner in the use of Mathematica and I would appreciate the help
of some experts.

I have to plot the graph of a function defined on a triangular domain. I don't
have the formula of the function, but I can generate a text file containing a
sampling of the function. I would like to view its surface with "mesh lines".

Is it possible to do it by Mathematica? Is so, how can I do it?

Thanks.

With best regards,

Cristiano