GuideBook in the HelpBrowser(Linux)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62059] GuideBook in the HelpBrowser(Linux)
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 02:50:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to set up the Mathematica GuideBooks in the HelpBrowser.  I would
prefer not to install them to a system directory.  But that may take more
effort than I am interested in expending right now.  If someone can tell me
how to accomplish this effectively with a minimal amount of effort, I'd be
grateful.

I'm also having a bit of a problem getting the installation commands in
Appendix B working.  In particular, the following two inputs seem to
produce an incorrect result.

In[n]:=toRelativePathName[dirName_] :=
StringTake[dirName, # + {1, -1}]& /@ (Partition[#, 2]& @
Flatten[{0, StringPosition[dirName, pathNameSeparator],
            StringLength[dirName] +
             If[StringTake[dirName, {-1, -1}] =!= pathNameSeparator, 1,
0]}])

In[n+1]:=helpBrowserAddOnDirectory = toRelativePathName @
Select[FileNames["*", $InstallationDirectory, Infinity],
       StringMatchQ[#, "*Documentation*English*AddOns"]&][[1]]

Out[n+1]:={, usr, local, Wolfram, Mathematica, 5.2, Documentation, English,
AddOns}

There should be a '/' at the beginning.  That should be easy to fix.  I'm
just wondering what the result would be on, say, a Windows system.
--
The Mathematica Wiki: http://www.mathematica-users.org/
Math for Comp Sci http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/math/bmwcs/master.html