Re: Solved:Defining variables in $UserBaseDirectory/init.m

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62230] Re: Solved:Defining variables in $UserBaseDirectory/init.m
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:28:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 11/15/05 at 4:16 AM, hattons at globalsymmetry.com (Steven T.
Hatton) wrote:

>Nonetheless, they did provide a solution.  Use
>$UserBaseDirectory/Kernel/init.m and not
>$UserBaseDirectory/FrontEnd/init.m for adding such variables.

Aah... That explains a lot. I paid little attention to the subject line of your post and did not realize you were attempting to use something other than $UserBaseDirectory/Kernel/init.m. If I led you to think I was using something other than $UserBaseDirectory/Kernel/init.m I apologize for any confusion I may of caused.

>Perhaps I could find a way to add them to the FrontEnd context,

I don't understand why this would be desireable.

>but for now, I don't care.  Thanks for the feedback Bill, that
>certainly helped resolve the problem.

You are welcome and I am glad I was able to help even though that looks to have been less effective than it could have been.