Re: Magnetic Pendulum

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62222] Re: [mg62211] Magnetic Pendulum
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:28:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Martin,

Just start a Mathematica Notebook. Use Sections to organize your work.

Perhaps you will make a Statement of Problem section where you will define
your equations, parameters and initial conditions.

Then make a Solution Section where you will try to solve the equations using
NDSolve. Once you get your solutions you can try to plot them.

Maybe you will have additional Sections treating specific cases or classes
of cases. Maybe you will want to check simplified cases where the solution
reduces to an ordinary small oscillation pendulum.

You will probably have to use trial and error to get to a useful point. If
you have real trouble at some point, say with the differential equations and
how to feed them into NDSolve, post the equations and your attempt to this
group. There are many people here, not me, who know a lot about differential
equations and will probably give you good help. Post the code by converting
the cell to InputForm and then copying and pasting into a posting.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

rom: Martin Koschi [mailto:martin.koschi at gmx.net]

Hello, I have some questions.
Does somebody have the magneticpendulum problem solved as a mathematica
notebook, which he can send me?

If not can somebody explain my how i can solve that problem? I have to
simulate a magnetic pendulum in mathematica.

thx a lot