NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62263] NDSolve
  • From: Uli Wuerfel <uli.wuerfel at fmf.uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 05:57:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

although Mathematica solves my coupled system of three partial
differential equations (depending on one spatial variable and time)
I can unfortunately not get it to solve the steady-state version
of the above equations, i.e. only depending on one spatial variable.
I reduced it to a simple diffusion equation, but still it does not work.
My Input is like:

dcb=0.001;
rcb=1000;
gen=5e20;
ab=2000;
d=0.001;

sol=nc/.First[NDSolve[
{0==dcb*nc(2)[x]+gen*Exp[-ab*x]-rcb*(nc-nc0),
nc[0]==nc0,nc(1)[d]==0},nc,{x,0,d}]]

wherein nc(i)[x] stands for the i-th spatial derivative of nc[x].

I don´t understand why Mathematica does not accept this.
Could you please help?

Regards,
Uli