Recursion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62274] Recursion
  • From: JikaiRF at aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:53:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Sirs,

I would like to obtain trajectories with respect to x, from the following
relationship:

                    x(t+1)=a x(t)(1-x(t))

Here, a means a constant with a constraint, 1 < a < 4, t   a positive integer
and x a variable.
I know this difference equation cannot be solved by mathematics directly,
because it is not linear.
So, I would like to follow a numerical series in terms of x, and I need to
know how to program Mathematica for this.

I look forward to your response.

     Sincerely,

     Fujio Takata.