Notation package in batch mode

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62459] Notation package in batch mode
  • From: "Andrew Moylan" <andrew.moylan at anu.edu.au>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:24:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have some code that includes (and relies upon) a call to
Utilities`Notation`Symbolize[...]. I would like to run the code in batch
mode (without a front end), but the Notation package generates many error
messages when being loaded without a front end, and subsequent calls to
Symbolize[...] result in the Mathematica kernel hanging.

Does anyone know of any way to use the notation package in batch mode, or
does anyone have any ideas for other ways to run my code automatically from
the (linux) shell?

Thanks for any help.
    -Andrew