Re: SugarCube

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62493] Re: [mg62460] SugarCube
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:46:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 25 Nov 2005, at 16:24, Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> In a fresh session I can type Names["SugarCube"] and get a hit.
> If  I type
> Information[SugarCube], all I get is
>
> In[3]:= Information[SugarCube]
> System`SugarCube
>
> Attributes[SugarCube] = {Protected}
>
> Do I want to know what SugarCube is?

I suspect this is something related to GroebnerBasis, more exactly to
the "choice of strategy" in the Buchberger algorithm. I have seen
phrases like "sugar cube' and "sugar flavour" in this context. I
might be completely wrong, but if I am right than Daniel Lichtblau
can explain  this (as he would  then surely be the person who put
SugarCube into the System context).
But then I may be totally off the mark.

Andrzej Kozlowski