Re: How to define and plot a periodic signal?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg62600] Re: [mg62556] How to define and plot a periodic signal?
  • From: <bsyehuda at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:45:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
If you have the definition of the function for one period, then you can use
Mod to use this definition elsewhere
for example, say that the period is Pi/3, then

f[t_]:=Sin[Mod[t,Pi/3]]
will be a periodic function
and in general,
replace t with Mod[t,T] everywhere in the definition of your function where
T is the desired period

yehuda