Re: axes for Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60872] Re: axes for Plot3D
  • From: "grimey" <tfgeyer at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 02:55:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thank you, but it's not what I'm looking for, that's just determining
where the axes should be drawn.
Perhaps I explained it badly:
I want to draw
Plot3D[Sin[x y],{x,-Pi,Pi},{y,-Pi,Pi}] but in a way that it looks like
I draw
Plot3D[Sin[-x y]],{x,-Pi,Pi},{y,-Pi,Pi}]], so that the positive x-axis
and the negative x-axis are switched, it should start with "+Pi" (left
side in default ViewPoint) and end with "-Pi" (right side in default
ViewPoint), but it should still show "Sin[x y]". Just one axis is
rotated for 180 degree.
Of course it's not Sin[x y] that I want to plot, that is just an
example. I have a 3D-plot where the most important things can be seen
in one corner that you don't get to see in the front simply by changing
the ViewPoint, you somehow have to invert one axis of the plot.

Thank you.

Thomas Geyer