Re: MathML, Mozilla, fonts and Mathematica 5.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60991] Re: MathML, Mozilla, fonts and Mathematica 5.2
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 03:37:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

you must have two versions of the fonts because Mathematica
uses since version 4.2 fonts with Mathematica1.*, Mathematica2.* ..
and with several additional symbols compared with Math1.* ...

Regards
  Jens

"Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:di2m2t$8cd$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| I'm running SuSE 9.3 on a P4. IIRC, the fonts
required to support MathML
| with Mozilla on Linux are not the same are are
distributed with the more
| recent versions of Mathematica.  I don't believe
I needed to do this with
| Mathematica 5.2, but I put the fonts in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11 and ran the font
| font configuration script on them.  The
following demonstrates that X sees
| these fonts:
| $ xlsfonts | grep ^\-wri\- | wc -l
| 709
|
| When I visit sites using MathML I get an error
saying I don't have Math1,
| Math2 and Math4.  I believe all of these are
fonts from Wolfram Research.
| I really, really, really do not want to have two
sets of Mathematica fonts
| installed on the same system that I run
Mathematica on.  Is there a way to
| get Mozilla to see the newer fonts?
|
| This is an example of a site that causes the
error message to appear:
| http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/
|
| For some reason it did not appear when viewing
the set of tests under
| General->Math, but it appeared when I looked at
the tests under
| General->GenAttribs.
|
| Many MathML renderings work fine in Mozilla. The
biggest problem has to do
| with Matrices.  The braces are rendered as
normal parentheses of one row
| height.
|
| --
| "Philosophy is written in this grand book, The
Universe. ... But the book
| cannot be understood unless one first learns to
comprehend the language...
| in which it is written. It is written in the
language of mathematics, ...;
| without which wanders about in a dark
labyrinth."   The Lion of Gaul