"Leibnitz" from for partial differentiation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61188] "Leibnitz" from for partial differentiation?
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:42:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Much of the literature I'm looking at uses partial derivative notation
expressed by FractionBox["\[PartialD]", RowBox[{"\[PartialD]", "x"}]].
Likewise for the total derivative. d/dt.  IIRC, there is a Mathematica
notational form which displays and perhaps accepts this form of derivative
notaton.  ?*Form gave me several hits, but none that I've tried so far seem
to be working.  Does anybody know which notational form to use for this?
Is it in a package?
--
"Philosophy is written in this grand book, The Universe. ... But the book
cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language...